|St Mary's Hospital, Newport |
Isle of Wight
Membership and Engagement Officer
Job ref: 470-13-337-KP
Salary: Band 5 £21,388 - £27,901 per annum
Hours: f/t 37.5 per week
The Corporate Communications, Engagement and Membership Team has an opportunity for someone with good communications, stakeholder management and relationships skills. These are exciting and busy times in the Communications, Engagement and Membership Team as the way we communicate and engage is modernised.
The role focuses on:
• Membership recruitment through development and delivery of an effective communications and engagement strategy across the Island and elsewhere
• Engagement with seldom heard groups to ensure accurate representation of the island's demographic and the patients the Trust serves
• Support for volunteer programmes with young people and registered volunteers
• Internal and external communications and engagement around Membership and Foundation Trust plans
• Membership management including the membership database
• Development of information for members and Governors including a newsletter, meetings and focus groups and organising a Governor development programme
• Managing Elections to the Council of Governors (CoG) and supporting the development of the CoG.
• Internal and external communications support for the Trust and the Clinical Commissioning Group including handling media enquiries.
For an informal discussion please telephone Emma Topping on 01983 822099 ext. 5757 or Mark Price on 01983 552432.
To apply, visit:
using Job Ref: 470-13-337-KP
To find out about the Trust visit: www.iow.nhs.uk
Closing Date: 5 March 2014
The Trust is an equal opportunities employer and offers flexible working.
We also operate a non-smoking policy.