|Quarr Abbey Director Finance and Management – part-time|
The Benedictine Monks of Quarr Abbey are looking for a part-time Director to develop and deliver their vision for Quarr in collaboration with the friends, partners and employees of the Abbey. This vision is that Quarr should be a place of peace and inspiration, linked to the local church and community spiritually, economically and socially.
The Director will be the main person in charge of delivering the commercial aspects of this vision and will have responsibility for ensuring that all parts of the Abbey work together towards this vision in harmony.
The qualities of such a Director will include:
• Experienced in all aspects of finance to high level in mid-size organisation
• Experienced in planning, budgeting and management reporting
• Preferably knowledgeable about charity law and finance reporting
• Good managerial skills; supportive, inclusive but firm and clear
• Good communication skills at all levels
• Empathy with the aims and lifestyle of monastic life
Applications (with CVs) should be emailed to the Procurator, Fr. Brian, at: email@example.com before September 8, 2012