|GKN Aerospace is a First Tier supplier to the global aviation industry and is a leader in complex integrated composite and metallic aerostructures and aero-engine products.|
The business is equally split along military and civil lines with significant participation on all major aircraft programmes, both fixed and rotary wing.
As a global aerospace provider, GKN Aerospace offers a unique ‘flow-the sun’ capability: We work with customers to meet their requirements on a 24/7 basis to ensure challenging programme timescales are met.
Materials Controller - CTAL
(Temporary - 12 Month Contract)
GKN Aerospace is currently recruiting for the newly created position of Materials Controller - CTAL.
This position is based in Cowes and reports directly to the CTAL Manufacturing Manager
This role is to ensure Materials Requirements Planning in CTAL meets the projects on going objectives by defining and maintaining ‘Best Practice’ use of appropriate software tools available for Pre-Production Facility and transition to volume production.
Some key accountabilities for this role will include but are not limited to:
• Ensure item master data and product structure data is in place to enable computerised Materials Requirements planning to take place
• Material requirements planning to satisfy all CTAL products production scheduling demand
• Identify and implement actions necessary to make best use of the GKN parent site ERP software and/or improved alternatives from a CTAL perspective
• Develop the use of the selected system to manage materials requirements planning and create purchasing and works orders ‘work to lists’ to satisfy production demand
• Monitor performance of the selected systems of work and associated resources required to maintain an appropriate service to the project defining and implementing corrective actions where necessary
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in understanding the importance of satisfying internal and external customer requirements in a timely manner, as well as being focused on target completion and demonstrates an awareness of the importance of quality control in an aerospace environment.
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are a pre-requisite for this position. We are looking for candidates who can work well in a team as well as taking responsibility and ownership for allocated work and is focused on completing objectives.
Suitable candidates will have a recognised industry qualification in Production and Inventory management (Certified in Production and Inventory Management CPIM), however this is not essential.
If you believe you have the skills and experience for the above position, please email your CV and covering letter (stating the position you are applying for) to:
Closing date for applications is Friday 28th December, 2012
Ferry Road, East Cowes, Isle of Wight PO32 6RA