|POLICE AND CRIME COMMISSIONER FOR HAMPSHIRE|
JOINT AUDIT COMMITTEE
Do you want to become part of the Audit Committee which will provide independent assurance on the adequacy of the corporate governance, financial affairs and risk management arrangements in place for the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Hampshire and Hampshire Constabulary
A joint audit committee will be established by the Police and Crime Commissioner for Hampshire and the Chief Constable of Hampshire Constabulary. It is important because:
• It supports the Police and Crime Commissioner, Chief Constable and statutory officers in ensuring that effective governance and risk management arrangements are in place and functioning efficiently and effectively;
• It scrutinises the draft statement of accounts, and considers whether appropriate accounting policies have been followed;
• It makes recommendations for improvements to anti fraud and corruption strategies.
We are inviting applications from anyone who would be interested in serving as the chair and vice-chair of the committee, as well as members. We would welcome applicants who have:
• Demonstrated ability to lead through influence and effectively manage through complex issues and relationships;
• Sound judgment, integrity and commitment to ethical behaviour;
• Financial awareness and awareness of current accounting issues;
• Understanding of relevant statutory duties and legislative requirements;
• Experience in assessing and anticipating organisational risks from current and changing business practices, systems, policies, procedures, regulations, and laws;
• Proven coordination of a risk assessment model to evaluate risk and establish audit priorities in the area of financial reporting and processes;
• Knowledge of modern principles relating to audit, scrutiny and assurance;
• Held positions in multiple functional and/or geographical areas preferred;
• Knowledge and experience of the principles of Corporate Social Responsibility (which includes financial and economic stewardship (including VFM); people and communities (including Diversity, Equality and Human Rights) and environmental sustainability and health & safety);
• A professional qualification from one of the professional accounting bodies (Financial Reporting Council).
For more information and to download an application pack, please see the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner's
website at www.hampshire-pcc.gov.uk/vacancies
Closing date for applications: Friday 8th February 2013.