A FIRE broke out at Blaze Cafe Bar, Ryde.
Firefighters were called to the Esplanade cafe to tackle a small chimney fire, shortly before 6pm last night (Thursday).
A spokeswoman for the Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service said chimney fires were common at this time of year as people started lighting fires for the first time.
* Blaze owner Scott Watson said the cafe was open for business as usual.
"Sometimes the pizza oven chimney does catch alight, which is something we are all trained to deal with. We called the fire service as a precaution and they checked it over. We reopened 45 minutes later," he said.