By Clare Newman
Saturday, December 28, 2013
EAST Cowes Vics have been left frustrated and angry after their latest Sydenhams Wessex League Division 1 game was called off again - but this time not by the weather.
Volunteers from the IW club were at the Beatrice Avenue ground from 7am this morning (Saturday) to make the pitch playable for their home game against Stockbridge.
But just two hours later the mainland side called up and said they could not raise a side for the match. It is the second time this season Stockbridge have pulled out of games against Vics.
Secretary Darren Dyer said: "I'm really not happy at the moment. We've worked so hard this morning."
Newport's trip to Romsey was confirmed as "game on" earlier this morning, as is Cowes Sports's trip to Pewsey Vale.
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Saturday, April 12, 2014
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Thursday, April 24, 2014
IWCP v4.0 © Isle of Wight County Press 2011. All Rights Reserved. Web Design By Matrix Create.
Contact Us | Disclaimer
| Cookies | Links | Sitemap
Isle of Wight County Press Ltd. Registered office: Brannon House, 123 Pyle Street,
Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 1ST. Registered in England. Registered number: 1342243.