ANTIQUE boards and mouldings salvaged from old houses over the past quarter of a century have been destroyed by fire.
They were stored in a barn at Froglands Farm, Carisbrooke, which was destroyed by flames in the early hours of Monday.
Stewart Dungey, who owns the farm with wife Linda, said the Victorian boards and mouldings — which the couple used to create interior fixtures and fittings — were worth between £50,000 and £100,000.
Fire crews were called shortly after 2.30am, after the alarm was raised by the couple’s daughter, Samantha.
By the time firefighters had pumped water from Clatterford stream, the flames had already taken hold, said Mr Dungey.
It was believed a faulty air compressor had started the fire, said Mr Dungey.