By a County Press reporter
Monday, July 16, 2012
ENGLISH Heritage has said it is monitoring conditions at Osborne House ahead of Tom Jones and Steps concerts due to take place later this month.
Concert organisers said last week the events were still due to go ahead, despite the cancellation of Saturday's Blue Peter event at Osborne and the postponement of the proms, due to take place there this weekend.
Steps are due to perform on Saturday, July 28, followed by Tom Jones on Sunday, 29.
An English Heritage spokeswoman said today (Monday): "English Heritage continues to monitor the weather and the condition of the Durbar Lawn next to Osborne House with a view to deciding whether the ground is too waterlogged to build and stage the two concerts safely and without risk to the public on 28 and 29 July.
The Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra concert on 21 July has been cancelled."
Log-in or register to comment on this story. See our House Rules here.
By ticking "Remember me" you agree to a cookie being stored on your computer - no personal data is shared.
Any views or opinions presented in the comments above are solely those of the author and do not represent those of the Isle of Wight County Press.
Thursday, June 20, 2013
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
IWCP v4.0 © Isle of Wight County Press 2011. All Rights Reserved. Web Design By Matrix Create.
Contact Us | Disclaimer
| Cookies | Links | Sitemap
Isle of Wight County Press Ltd. Registered office: Brannon House, 123 Pyle Street,
Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 1ST. Registered in England. Registered number: 1342243.