Cooking fire sparks alert

By Richard Wright

Saturday, January 11, 2014

 

AN ISLE of Wight flat was evacuated early this morning after a cooking fire.

The flat, one of three above a shop in Regent Street, Shanklin, was heavily smoke-logged when three fire appliances were called at 12.36am.

Firefighters found the fire had already been extinguished by the time they arrived, but vented the building and left at 1.12am.

Facebook Icon Twitter Icon Delicious Icon

More News

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Most Read

  1. Effort to save fallen horse fails

    Wednesday, August 27, 2014

  2. National burger day recommendations from County Press readers

    Wednesday, August 27, 2014

  3. Boy, six, in accident

    Thursday, August 28, 2014

  4. Two vehicles in collision

    Thursday, August 28, 2014

  5. Hospital parking charges in line with new guidelines

    Thursday, August 28, 2014

View our Elgin Traffic & Travel Map