Customer groups for Wightlink

By a County Press reporter

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Customer groups for Wightlink

Wightlink chief executive Russell Kew. Picture by Peter Boam.

WIGHTLINK is launching two customer forum groups.

Customers who join the groups, for its east and west routes, will receive e-mails about the company and be able to give feedback on services, as well as have opportunities to meet senior staff.

Summaries of meetings between the company and the forums will be published on the company’s website.

The groups will be launched with meetings at Yarmouth ticket office next Tuesday at 4.30pm and at Ryde Pier meeting room on Thursday, March 27, at 5pm.

"This is a new way for people to connect with Wightlink and keep us informed about services on a regular basis. We are always interested in hearing from our customers," said Wightlink chief executive Russell Kew.

Anyone who would like to join the forums can register their interest by emailing feedback@wightlink.co.uk and writing Customer Forum West or East in the subject line.

Comments

by Margaret Brooker

20th March 2014, at 13:43:19

Colin, we've found out the ticket they buy is the standard one that can be amended, but unless my husband knows how long it will take him to drive back from say Burnely in Lancashire, if he amends his sailing time to what he thinks is enough time, that does not allow for traffic and accidents that could slow his journey down. He once arrived at the terminal at 8.10pm on a Friday & they made him wait to 3am on Saturday morning or pay a £27 surcharge. His company would not recompense him if he paid it - a 7 hour wait is ridiculous, and the ferries were not full by any means.

by Margaret Brooker

20th March 2014, at 13:43:15

by John Kneeshaw

20th March 2014, at 05:56:55

Lack of accessibility is one of the drawbacks of living on an island; although to many I am sure that this is seen as a firm positive. If you do not like the idea of having to pay ferry fares, may I suggest that you do what I did a few years ago and move off. I can assure you that you will never regret it.

by Colin Barton

20th March 2014, at 00:25:49

Margaret ask your husbands company why they do it.
(Flexi ticket I mean)!

by Jack Woodford

19th March 2014, at 21:24:29

There really is no pleasing some people is there?
Only on this site (and I suppose that other Ventnor-based one) would an unquestionably positive move be greeted with such instinctive rabidity.
But I really do hope that Mr Young dude gets his free cinema tickets sorted out soon though. I mean, never mind all that's going on in the world right now, that is one serious matter!
Sometimes I despair........

by Dave Dawson

19th March 2014, at 17:56:55

Smoke and mirrors. Wightlink are not interested in their customers views, this is certainly my experience when I tried to engage with them.

They are using this exercise to give us their take on things, similar to a little red book used used in China some years ago.

Is all this activity a sign that their owners are getting fed up with the current style of management?

by T Rollingsworth

19th March 2014, at 16:11:51

RF seem to run a more efficient car service, but I have had nothing but trouble with the passenger services - Members of my family who commute the other way via RF are constantly waiting for replacements to a broken down Red Jet 5!

Maybe combined, they could run a decent service!

by Steve Smith

19th March 2014, at 15:31:27

I too think RF are better at getting to Southampton, but WL is much better at getting to Portsmouth and Lymington

by neil jacks

19th March 2014, at 15:12:08

I agree with T Rollingsworth, its hard not to. That said I think RF are better.

by ROBERT SMITH

19th March 2014, at 14:43:08

How much longer are we going to take this bull.
Customer forum group DONT make me laugh, reminds me of the old proverb speck no evil, see no evil, hear no evil.
What good is talking to a brick wall who has never shown any signs of listening in the past and who holds all the cards.