By Emily Pearce
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
ELDERLY residents were evacuated from a sheltered housing complex on the Isle of Wight last night (Monday) following a fire.
Fire crews were called to Columbus House, in Sandown Road, Shanklin, shortly before 11.30pm, after an electrical main caught fire.
The two crews, from Sandown and Shanklin, used breathing apparatus and thermal imaging cameras to enter a lounge in the block of flats, which was heavily smoke logged.
The fire was extinguished around an hour later, and Southern Electric engineers were called to make sure the building's power supply was safe.
Saturday, August 30, 2014
Friday, August 29, 2014
Thursday, August 28, 2014
IWCP v4.0 © Isle of Wight County Press 2011. All Rights Reserved. Web Design By Matrix Create.
Contact Us | Disclaimer
| Cookies | Links | Sitemap
Isle of Wight County Press Ltd. Registered office: Brannon House, 123 Pyle Street,
Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 1ST. Registered in England. Registered number: 1342243.