Elderly man treated for smoke inhalation

By Jon Moreno

Friday, June 20, 2014

 

AN ELDERLY man was taken to hospital suffering with smoke inhalation as a result of an oven fire at his Wroxall home last night (Thursday).

Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service was called to the fire, at a house in Wallis Close, at around 11pm but it was out on their arrival, however the 75-year-old householder was taken by ambulance to St Mary’s Hospital, Newport.

Reporter: jonm@iwcpmail.co.uk

More News

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Most Read

  1. Co-op creates jobs with new store

    Thursday, October 23, 2014

  2. Have your say as Isle of Wight Council looks to save £13.5m

    Wednesday, October 22, 2014

  3. Boy arrested over theft suspicion

    Thursday, October 23, 2014

  4. English Heritage identifies Isle of Wight buildings at risk

    Thursday, October 23, 2014

  5. Footbridges improved

    Wednesday, October 22, 2014

View our Elgin Traffic & Travel Map
Travel News Sponsor