Family taken to hospital after fire

By Martin Neville

Monday, December 3, 2012

 

A FAMILY was taken to hospital for precautionary check-ups after a fire at their Isle of Wight home this morning (Monday).

Fire crews were called to a bedroom fire at St Joseph’s Close, East Cowes, at around 5am.

Two breathing apparatus and two hose reels were used to tackle the blaze in the back, first floor bedroom of the property.

Crews left the scene at around 6am.

Reporter: martinn@iwcpmail.co.uk

Facebook Icon Twitter Icon Delicious Icon

More News

Most Read

  1. Doctor's 16,000km move for Isle of Wight post

    Sunday, August 31, 2014

  2. Disbanded society’s final good deed

    Saturday, August 30, 2014

  3. Vintage day at Frank James

    Saturday, August 30, 2014

  4. Volunteers on riverbank litter pick

    Saturday, August 30, 2014

  5. Isle of Wight spaniel crowned international top dog

    Sunday, August 31, 2014

View our Elgin Traffic & Travel Map