THE Isle of Wight Festival’s traffic management plan will not be released to the public.
The Isle of Wight Council says it is not a public document, despite calls for it to be published following this year’s traffic chaos so people can examine the contingency plans for adverse weather.
Economy cabinet member Cllr George Brown said: "The Event Safety and Operation Plan (ESOP) is a document owned by Solo, which contains information that is commercially and operationally sensitive.
"Its contents address areas specified by the council’s licensing committee, at its meeting on May 17 last year.
"This was a public meeting and its minutes are public."
Cllr Brown said the ESOP addresses the issues requested by the licensing committee, but added: "It is not intended to be a detailed plan for every eventuality.
"The issues behind the problems have been acknowledged by all concerned.
"The council has made it clear the traffic congestion was unacceptable and it will work closely with organisers and all other agencies to ensure more robust contingency plans are put in place to prevent a re-occurrence."
Mr Brown added: "I believe these plans can be implemented without the need to review the festival licence."
The County Press asked for a copy of the ESOP from Solo and is awaiting a response.
• A war of petitions has broken out between Island residents who support the festival and those calling for the capacity to be reduced to 30,000 people.
Both groups have petitions on the change.org website. The pro-festival group has 289 signatures, while the group in favour of a smaller event has 207.