Fire at Salvation Army building

By a County Press reporter

Saturday, January 26, 2013

 

UPDATED 23:09*

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze at a Salvation Army premises tonight (Saturday).

Three Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service engines were called to the building in Green Street, Ryde at 10:17pm.

Smoke was seen coming from a kitchen on the first floor.

All residents were evacuated and accounted for.

*The fire was caused by plastic utensils left on the hob. The building was vented and the incident was over by 10:42pm according to the fire and rescue service.

Facebook Icon Twitter Icon Delicious Icon

More News

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Most Read

  1. Woman suffers serious injuries

    Wednesday, April 23, 2014

  2. Dairy ends milk processing after 30 years

    Wednesday, April 23, 2014

  3. Motorcyclist injured in crash

    Wednesday, April 23, 2014

  4. Hospital criticised after death of five year old

    Thursday, April 24, 2014

  5. Recommendations for ferry companies

    Thursday, April 24, 2014

View our Elgin Traffic & Travel Map