Fire at Sandown Co-op

By a County Press reporter

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

 

UPDATED 08:32*

FIRE crews were this morning (Tuesday) called to a fire at the Southern Co-op in Avenue Road, Sandown.

Three fire engines from the Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service were called to the fire at 6.35am.

The shop adjoins a petrol station and there were initial reports of smoke inside the Co-op.

*According to fire control they extinguished a small fire in a fridge unit and they were on the scene until 7.27am.

Comments

Log-in or register to comment on this story. See our House Rules here.

By ticking "Remember me" you agree to a cookie being stored on your computer - no personal data is shared.

Forgotten your password?

Log-in to Report

by Martin Heath

23rd November 2012, at 18:20:19

certain sense of irony there don't you think. Cook in the fridge chicken anyone?

Any views or opinions presented in the comments above are solely those of the author and do not represent those of the Isle of Wight County Press.

Facebook Icon Twitter Icon Delicious Icon

More News

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Most Read

  1. Woman take to hospital after crash

    Tuesday, April 22, 2014

  2. Woman suffers serious injuries

    Wednesday, April 23, 2014

  3. Dairy ends milk processing after 30 years

    Wednesday, April 23, 2014

  4. Candidate not backed by independent councillors

    Tuesday, April 22, 2014

  5. Bluebells arrive early at Mottistone

    Tuesday, April 22, 2014

View our Elgin Traffic & Travel Map