Fire at Shanklin summerhouse

By a County Press reporter

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

 

Fire at Shanklin summerhouse

The scene of the fire in Shanklin. Picture courtesy of @mrs_cars via Twitter.

UPDATED WEDNESDAY 08:22*

FIRE crews from Shanklin and Ventnor were  last night (Tuesday) called to a blaze in a summerhouse.

The fire was reported at a property at the junction of Prince's Way and Green Lane, Shanklin at 7.40pm according to Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service.

Four personnel wearing breathing apparatus and a jet and a hose reel were being used to tackle the flames in the summerhouse, said to measure 10m x 6m.

*The fire, which is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault, was extinguished by 9.25pm.

Facebook Icon Twitter Icon Delicious Icon

More News

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Most Read

  1. Police investigate roadside brawl

    Wednesday, August 27, 2014

  2. Historic building vandalised

    Wednesday, August 27, 2014

  3. Effort to save fallen horse fails

    Wednesday, August 27, 2014

  4. National burger day recommendations from County Press readers

    Wednesday, August 27, 2014

  5. New kite-powered boat put to the test on the Isle of Wight

    Wednesday, August 27, 2014

View our Elgin Traffic & Travel Map