Fire at The Foyer

By Matthew Mckew

Thursday, March 27, 2014

 

Fire at The Foyer

The Foyer, Ryde. File.

FIRE broke out at a 45 room residence for young people, during the early hours of this morning (Thursday).

Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service was called to The Foyer in George Street, Ryde, at 2.01am. Residents are understood to have been evacuated.

Three fire engines and an aerial ladder platform were sent to tackle the fire, which was in a basement flat.

Fire crews ventilated the room and the incident was over by 3.28am.

Reporter: matthewm@iwcpmail.co.uk

Comments

Log-in or register to comment on this story. See our House Rules here.

By ticking "Remember me" you agree to a cookie being stored on your computer - no personal data is shared.

Forgotten your password?

Any views or opinions presented in the comments above are solely those of the author and do not represent those of the Isle of Wight County Press.

Facebook Icon Twitter Icon Delicious Icon

More News

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Most Read

  1. Missing man's body found

    Tuesday, July 29, 2014

  2. Road closed after collision

    Wednesday, July 30, 2014

  3. Public meeting proposal over floating bridge

    Tuesday, July 29, 2014

  4. Club protests over eviction by council

    Wednesday, July 30, 2014

  5. Birthday party on Britain's oldest pier

    Tuesday, July 29, 2014

View our Elgin Traffic & Travel Map