By Jon Moreno
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
A FIREWORK was put through the letterbox of a Cowes home, prompting an investigation by Isle of Wight police.
The incident happened at a house in Maxted Close at around 4.30am on Thursday, August 29, when lit firework caused minor damage and burns to the carpet.
Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service was nearby at the time of the incident, tackling a bin fire in Seaview Road, at the junction of Maxted Close.
PC Matt Tasker, of Newport CID, said: "We are appealing to anyone who may have seen or heard anything suspicious in the vicinity at that time. Both incidents could have had far more serious consequences and it is fortunate no one was injured."
Anyone with information can contact PC Tasker by phoning 101 or phone Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Sunday, December 8, 2013
Saturday, December 7, 2013
IWCP v4.0 © Isle of Wight County Press 2011. All Rights Reserved. Web Design By Matrix Create.
Contact Us | Disclaimer
| Cookies | Links | Sitemap
Isle of Wight County Press Ltd. Registered office: Brannon House, 123 Pyle Street,
Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 1ST. Registered in England. Registered number: 1342243.