Firm to create Isle of Wight jobs

By a County Press reporter

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Firm to create Isle of Wight jobs

Richard Rivlin, whose business VesslesValue.com will create 40 jobs on the Isle of Wight.

A LONDON-based firm which values commercial shipping is set to open a new office on the Isle of Wight creating 40 new jobs.

VesselsValue.com is an online intelligence and information service which provides values of giant commercial vessels, many of which are seen plying their trade in the Solent.

The new company was the idea of chief executive Richard Rivlin, who grew up in Seaview.

Richard, 60, has been involved in shipping since he was 21 and also runs ship broking business Sea Sure Shipping in London.

VesselsValue.com has leased an office at Westridge, Ryde and aims to open in July. The new team will include researchers, analysts and coders.

Richard said: "I like the Isle of Wight and I think there are a lot of people on the Island who would be interested in the opportunities we offer."

Comments

by TED PARKER

1st May 2014, at 13:45:22

...well said Stephen, me ol' **** sparra'...

Can anyone possibly doubt there's an accountancy advantage 'hidden' in there ?

by Stephen Elliott

1st May 2014, at 13:07:56

Hang on. Ted mearly questioned the motives!

I'm grateful that he's moving it here but would he do so if the costs were the same as London?

Also it's not like many island jobs will be created because I can see its a highly skilled field.

by Linda Letts

1st May 2014, at 11:09:22

Why do people always have to slag off Londoners? I'm a Londonder and I get pretty sick of it.

by Debbie Hollebon

1st May 2014, at 10:18:38

Ted and Stephen, this is good news, 40 new jobs. Yes wages are less than in London but you can rent a 2 bed flat here for a month for half the price it costs within the M25, buying a house and eating out is also much cheaper. That's some many of the reasons my husband transferred from a job in Chertsey, Surrey to Newport. Go into a pub in central London, buy a pint and have a shock.

by Stephen Elliott

30th April 2014, at 21:23:05

Ted I hear you

by david wright

30th April 2014, at 16:43:49

Inward investment on the IOW? Give the man a knighthood now!

by TED PARKER

30th April 2014, at 16:11:44

....and they'll work so much cheaper than those awkward Londoners !

by GARRY Green

30th April 2014, at 16:05:35

Excellent - good luck for the future!!!