By Ross Findon
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
There has been further damage to Totland sea wall according to the Isle of Wight Council. Picture courtesy of Carol Bryan.
WARNINGS not to use Totland sea wall have been re-emphasised by the Isle of Wight Council after further damage due to land movement.
The council said last month that the sea wall, popular with walkers, could be closed for months after large cracks appeared following a landslide.
A spokesman said today (Tuesday) there had been further damage and the area remained closed for safety reasons.
The Isle of Wight Council has produced a video of the damage, which can be viewed below:
Log-in or register to comment on this story.
By ticking "Remember me" you agree to a cookie being stored on your computer - no personal data is shared.
Log-in to Report
by kevin froment
12th February 2013, at 18:16:41
lets hope they dont use the contractors from cowes school, it may get finished, somewhen, if they can decide on a date of course
by steven meakin
12th February 2013, at 18:08:40
I hope so too but some how i feel its going to take sometime. many happy memories as a youngster fishing and walking along that seawall and when we used to swim off the end of the pier in totland..
by Mrs James
12th February 2013, at 17:14:36
So sad to see this :( I do hope it will be rebuilt in time for summer...
Any views or opinions presented in the comments above are solely those of the author and do not represent those of the Isle of Wight County Press.
Monday, May 20, 2013
Sunday, May 19, 2013
IWCP v4.0 © Isle of Wight County Press 2011. All Rights Reserved. Web Design By Matrix Create.
Contact Us | Disclaimer
| Cookies | Links | Sitemap
Isle of Wight County Press Ltd. Registered office: Brannon House, 123 Pyle Street,
Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 1ST. Registered in England. Registered number: 1342243.