GP services to go online

By Martin Neville

Saturday, February 22, 2014

ALL GP practices will be required to offer online registration, booking and repeat prescriptions, under changes agreed with the government.

Many practices already offer the service.

All Isle of Wight practices should be able to offer the online service by March next year, said Isle of Wight NHS.

Reporter: martinn@iwcpmail.co.uk

Comments

by James McAdder

24th February 2014, at 10:10:04

"Online services" if done well, can be a real boon. An example of a good online service is the Government's Tax disc site. Rather than that last-minute rummage for insurance and MOT documents and then queuing in the Post Office for ages, its all done and dusted in about 5 mins.

On the other hand, there are some shocking online services. The booking system for the 2012 Olympics being a prime example.

by steve paul taylor

23rd February 2014, at 16:55:24

A HA yes I see I didn't click on the site I just took the number off search results. That explains why I rang 5/6 times and never got an answer.

by John Chaundy

23rd February 2014, at 16:42:22

Great idea

by John James

23rd February 2014, at 15:38:43

steve paul taylor

If you look on their website it gives a local number the results Google gives can sometimes be cached for sometime. Yell also give 0844 for Sandown and Ryde Esplanade all of which are now local numbers. The online service hasn’t been advertised very well I have to say.

by Keven Ball

23rd February 2014, at 12:16:29

22nd February 2014, at 17:51:02
"Joanne, 'getting their facts right' is not the number one priority of the trolls and trouble makers of this forum I am afraid. :-(" What is your goal then?

by steve paul taylor

23rd February 2014, at 07:19:54

If I google Brookside surgery Isle of Wight this is what I see.
Queens Rd, Freshwater, Isle of Wight PO40 9DT
0844 815 1428 I am not a troll or a trouble maker :0

by Keven Ball

22nd February 2014, at 20:21:52

At least others do not use such bad language Peter, shocking! I feel the online service will prove to be a popular service and will help GPs on the island, overall!

by Peter Jeffery

22nd February 2014, at 19:24:12

Joanne

I am sorry, but I am going to complain about you to the highest level at the IOW CP.

How very dare you introduce reason and the truth into this forum !

You have let down the IOW, the UK and more importantly yourself xx

by C Ryan-Sammon

22nd February 2014, at 18:43:47

I would just like to make it clear I'm neither a Troll or a Troublemaker but I do suggest that it is quite True, a well known fact, that GPs & Surgeries Do get many "Perks" for pushing Big Pharma Products, including the Evil Chemical that is known as the "Flu Jab" none of which I would ever take again, as mentioned here before.
Interestingly for me I have just this week been offered online access to GP appt's etc. simply by spotting a leaflet in the waiting room, I have never been told about this service, and not heard of it before.
I am part of a campaign group to stop Patients Personal Info being shared with Insurance Companies etc. and we have got the plan stalled for further investigation for another 6mths. Patients will have to Opt Out of it by telling the GP they don't want it as it stands.

22nd February 2014, at 17:51:02