By a County Press reporter
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
LIMITS on the scale of Isle of Wight housing developments could be considered as a way of tackling concerns about overdevelopment.
Isle of Wight Council planning cabinet member Cllr Jonathan Bacon and MP Andrew Turner met with planning and development minster Nick Bowles last week.
It followed concerns raised by Mr Turner in parliament about the target for 520 new Isle of Wight homes a year, set out in the Island Plan. The plan is due to be reviewed by the Independent-led council.
Mr Turner said Mr Bowles did not support a call to reduce the target, but suggested the scale of individual developments could be limited and the idea would now be looked at by Cllr Bacon.
Cllr Bacon said the minister had also asked for examples when local decisions had been overturned unfairly.
"If he sees things are not working as they should he has undertaken to look at amending new planning guidelines that are due to be released shortly, to allow local views to prevail," he said.
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Monday, September 1, 2014
Log-in or register to comment on this story. See our House Rules here.
By ticking "Remember me" you agree to a cookie being stored on your computer - no personal data is shared.
Any views or opinions presented in the comments above are solely those of the author and do not represent those of the Isle of Wight County Press.
Sunday, August 31, 2014
IWCP v4.0 © Isle of Wight County Press 2011. All Rights Reserved. Web Design By Matrix Create.
Contact Us | Disclaimer
| Cookies | Links | Sitemap
Isle of Wight County Press Ltd. Registered office: Brannon House, 123 Pyle Street,
Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 1ST. Registered in England. Registered number: 1342243.