Isle of Wight Festival: Plans for World Cup football fans

By a County Press reporter

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Isle of Wight Festival: Plans for World Cup football fans

Calvin Harris will be among the acts at this years Isle of Wight Festival. Picture by Robin Crossley.

FOOTBALL fans won't miss out on the World Cup action at next year's Isle of Wight Festival.

All the matches over that weekend will be shown live on big screens in the festival's Field of Dreams, including England's clash with Italy on June 14.

As reported last week, Scottish rockers Biffy Clyro and dance chart-topper Calvin Harris will headline the main stage on Friday night, with support from electronic outfit Rudimental.

Early bird tickets are on sale now from the County Press shop, until January 16.

Comments

by Steve Smith

19th December 2013, at 16:43:48

Lee, Pan Meadows, Sainsburys to Carisbrooke estate in Newport, Meadow Drive, Lincoln Way etc. in Bembridge, Seaview Heights in Nettlestone, Spanners Close in Chale. Jellicoe Road etc. in Binstead, plus many other estates built in various towns around the island. All these haven't ruined the beauty so why would another in Ryde? All the developed land on this island barely covers 10 - 15% of it's area, I reckon we still have plenty to room.

by Den Young

19th December 2013, at 16:42:06

not my mentality David

by David Charlton

19th December 2013, at 13:54:54

Den, I have also been to every festival I could have been too, not as many as you because I wasnt born, My point was, why do individuals think they have the right to come on here and pass judgement on every single thing that is proposed or people enjoy doing as if they were the most knowledgable persons in the world. I for one hope we have pennyfeathers estate and 50 wind turbines, who cares what anyone else thinks because I am right, Birds and Bats who cares they are vermin, I'm right you are wrong, This seems to be the mentality of the "older" Generation of Island residents. They think everyone else owes them something.

by Den Young

19th December 2013, at 13:46:43

oh yeh, luckily Lost prophets were not in that recent list

by Den Young

19th December 2013, at 13:44:50

David ive been to every and I mean every isle of wight festival since 1968 apart from this year where personal problems stopped me, ive been to half a dozen big name music rock concerts on the mainland in the last 3 months is that enough music for you? all this while you were probably sat in front of a television screen watching a load of grown men playing ball

by David Charlton

19th December 2013, at 12:31:31

ahh you cant beat the sound of a big block v8

by David Charlton

19th December 2013, at 10:18:43

So tell us Lee, Den and Neil, What are your hobbies and pastimes if you have so many opinions on what everybody else should be doing, whether it is following football or listening to live music??

by Den Young

18th December 2013, at 16:45:54

don't always agree with all you say Lee but in this case cant find 1 fault

by Den Young

18th December 2013, at 16:07:51

cant see the point in kicking a ball round a field at all personally

by Graeme Egerton

18th December 2013, at 14:20:15

Maybe I'm a misery (MAYBE?) but I always laugh at Lee's comments, I get the humour behind them and I like the irony that so many people accuse him of being grumpy which is normally the way they themselves come across in their replies. You're too easily wound up. In my opinion, it's a myth that Island businesses make loads of money from the Festival - if that were true, I rather suspect Seaclose Stores would still be open and it wouldn't be the case that when a friend decided to sell food in his front garden on Fairlee Road, he actually lost money! Like Lee says though, please prove me wrong! With actual facts.