By Emily Pearce
Saturday, July 21, 2012
FIREFIGHTERS were called to Ventnor in the early hours of this morning (Saturday) when an unattended cooker caught on fire.
Crews from Newport, Shanklin and Ventnor rushed to the property at Willow Close, at around 2.30am, after receiving reports of a house fire.
They discovered a small fire in the kitchen where a pan had been left on the hob.
It is believed the alarm was raised by a neighbour, who called 999 after hearing a smoke alarm.
The fire did not spread beyond the cooker area and no-one was injured.
Log-in or register to comment on this story.
By ticking "Remember me" you agree to a cookie being stored on your computer - no personal data is shared.
Any views or opinions presented in the comments above are solely those of the author and do not represent those of the Isle of Wight County Press.
Friday, May 17, 2013
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Saturday, May 18, 2013
IWCP v4.0 © Isle of Wight County Press 2011. All Rights Reserved. Web Design By Matrix Create.
Contact Us | Disclaimer
| Cookies | Links | Sitemap
Isle of Wight County Press Ltd. Registered office: Brannon House, 123 Pyle Street,
Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 1ST. Registered in England. Registered number: 1342243.