The overturned lorry on the north-bound side of the dual carriageway. Picture by Howard Morris.
A LORRY has overturned on the dual carriage this morning (Tuesday).
The accident was reported to Isle of Wight emergency services at around 11.30am.
An ambulance and a rapid response vehicle were sent to the scene, on the Cowes side of the dual carriageway, which has been closed.
Several fire engines were also sent to the scene.
The lorry appeared to have hit a crash barrier, before overturning, according to a witness.
An Isle of Wight ambulance service spokesman said the driver was taken to St Mary's Hospital and was described as 'walking wounded.'
*At 16.37 Island Roads said on Twitter the northbound lane of the dual carriageway and the link road had been re-opened.