Advertisement
Advertisement

March to call for more searches for Damien

Friday, December 7, 2012 - 12:45

A PEACEFUL march calling for the police to widen the search for missing teenager Damien Nettles will be held tomorrow (Saturday).
The march has been organised by Cowes mother, Kaley Hall, 37, who hopes the community will come together and call on the police to search three new locations, including two areas of Parkhurst Forest and a site in Gurnard.
The sites were all identified prior to a police reward being put up.
Kaley, 37, said: "These are areas that have never been searched before but the family have been told Damien could be there.
"This is a child the police say has been murdered. This is one of the Isle of Wight’s children and we need to get together to show we care.
"I have a 16 year old and this case is heartbreaking. The family deserve to have their son back, even if they don’t find out what happened to him."
Kaley, who has four children and two stepchildren, said: "The police need to search these areas.
"Even if they do not find anything, at least the family would know every stone had been turned. That’s the objective."
A police spokesman said they would contact Kaley to discuss plans for policing of the event.
"Police are grateful for the public’s continued interest and support for our efforts to find out what happened to Damien Nettles.
"Detectives are determined to solve his case with the help of the community."
The march will leave from outside Cineworld at 10am, going towards South Street, St James’s Street and the High Street.

Reporter: [email protected]

 


Advertisement
ISLE OF WIGHT TRAVEL
Travel filler
ISLE OF WIGHT WEATHER

Now15℃

00:00

16℃

03:00

16℃

06:00

16℃

09:00

16℃

ISLE OF WIGHT TRAVEL
Travel filler
ISLE OF WIGHT WEATHER

Now15℃

00:00

16℃

03:00

16℃

06:00

16℃

09:00

16℃

ISLE OF WIGHT TRAVEL
Travel filler