Monty's on for Isle of Arts

By a County Press reporter

Monday, December 16, 2013

Monty's on for Isle of Arts

Rich Hall will return to the Isle of Wight next year for the Isle of Arts festival. Picture by Robin Crossley.

MONTY Don, Rich Hall and Roger McGough will be at next year’s Isle of Arts Festival in Ventnor.

TV gardener and writer, Monty, will speak about his experiences of travelling to see some of the world’s most incredible gardens, his own organic garden and how nature can enrich people’s lives.

His performance, on May 2, will be among the first highlights of the Isle of Wight event, next year.

Poet Roger McGough, will make his Isle of Arts debut on Saturday, May 3, when will talk about his career and early life in Liverpool.

The Pity of War, on Sunday, May 4, will feature performances by virtuoso violinist Matthew Trusler and pianist Martin Roscoe, of music composed during the Great War, along with renditions of First World War poems by Wilfred Owen, read by actor Timothy West.

US comic Rich Hall will return, having played to a full house the last time he performed in 2011.

More details are due to be announced over the coming weeks and tickets are due to go on sale this month.

Comments

by lulu arnold

18th December 2013, at 13:12:11

Scott I expect your referring to me had it all my life being dyslectic is a real pain took me years to have any confidence to read or write so I can only apologize if my attempts are not perfect , but I do try my best just cant recognise mistakes that goodness for spell check .

by Mat Thomas

17th December 2013, at 22:57:52

Monty Don did a great TV series, “Around the World in 80 Gardens”.One was about Cuba. which was rather special.There were some good things about kitchen gardens they had developed during the Special Period.

by Scott Angles

17th December 2013, at 19:03:35

I bet he has a vague idea about grammar and punctuation, though.

by Mat Thomas

17th December 2013, at 14:36:00

The anti war stuff sounds good.

by lulu arnold

17th December 2013, at 09:12:24

Monty Don is somewhat spoilt I bet his Mum did everything for him , he plays with plants and sucks up to anyone with half an upper class accent , may not be that bright , never really seems to get dirty either ,I don't know about twitter but I think he is a twit ............. have I gone too far I don't know him but its just how he comes across to me , never heard of the other men , but I do live a sheltered life .

by Scott Angles

16th December 2013, at 17:27:02

Awaits the following comments: 'who?', 'not him again grr' and 'lol dey shud ave got Michael Mackintire he iz well funni lol'.

16th December 2013, at 17:09:21

You've never heard of Monty Don? You will be loved on one of the gardening newsgroups, they hate him!! ;-)

by David Blackford