MP's partner barred from Conservatives

By Ross Findon

Saturday, April 26, 2014

THE partner of Isle of Wight Conservative MP Andrew Turner has been barred from the party.

Carole Dennett, who is Mr Turner's partner and parliamentary assistant, was denied membership of the party at a meeting of the Isle of Wight Conservative Association executive last night (Friday).

Ms Dennett and association chairman Alan Wells declined to comment this morning.

Mr Wells said: "It is an internal Conservative matter and I cannot discuss it publicly."

He confirmed the meeting was one of four such regular meetings held each year and almost all 40 members of the executive were present.

It is understood that Ms Dennett had applied to rejoin the association and the party after her membership had lapsed.

Comments

by Matthew James Martin

29th April 2014, at 01:32:27

UKIP were never born to be any form of ''People's Army'', nor ever will be.
The UKIP party are an Elitist invention, to replace Liberal Democratic party as the 3rd choice Political party in the UK (as the very long planned death of the Liberal Democrat party draws ever closer), so that the Tories have the a chance of forming a coalition on their terms, if needs be.
''Think of UKIP, think of division ~ Voted UKIP, didn't really think.''

by James McAdder

27th April 2014, at 21:56:54

I see yet another UKIP-er has put his racist foot in his mouth.....

And they, apparently, attract decent BNP voters:

Oh, look. Its the Hamiltons.

by Den Young

27th April 2014, at 19:37:52

well Colin the chance is here, maybe they might reply hiding behind a silly name.

by Ian Young

27th April 2014, at 19:08:26

Dear Mr McKie your somewhat belligerent prose style will do you no favours, and more importantly win you even fewer votes.

A good education is no substitute for political nouse as many before you have learnt the hard way.

by Colin Russell

27th April 2014, at 19:07:08

Den, no chance

by Den Young

27th April 2014, at 17:30:21

your chance to reply Mr Turner!!! I think not oppps sorry or any other party lets get it politicly correct

by Iain McKie

27th April 2014, at 17:24:28

Dear Mr Martin, I am not sure quite what you mean by a man of the people, but I am the son of two people who have had their pensions raided by Gordon Brown, and their savings depleted by the Ban of England's disastrous Quantitative Easing. I am an ordinary subject who has had their power bills rise by 50% since 2008 thanks to the Climate Change Act which was endorsed by all three parties and Mr Andrew Turner. I am the father of a son whose future has been mortgaged in the name of political vanity. I am a friend to several who have had their livelihood pinched and relocated to the East by an elite who care so little about this country. Above all Mr Martin, I am one of 65 odd million subjects who wants back control of their own country.

by Den Young

27th April 2014, at 17:23:10

"better the devil you know" I don't think so! think back to the expenses for a start.

by Colin Russell

27th April 2014, at 17:10:35

Mr Martin, "Better the devil you know" so you are happy with what we are lumbbered with now, have another read of Mr Mckie post again,

by John Martin

27th April 2014, at 16:58:55

Iain McKie. Is that a good CV for an MP. I think we would want somebody who appeared to be a 'man of and with the people'. I don't really understand what your CV is telling me about you - except that it appears to be a bit of a turnoff because I don't understand what you are talking about. Better the devil you know!