Neighbour in fire rescue

By Sara Bryce

Saturday, April 5, 2014

 

A NEIGHBOUR tackled a kitchen fire at a property in Binstead tonight (Saturday) and rescued the occupant of the house. 

A spokesman for Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue said crews were called to reports of the kitchen fire at the property on Jellicoe Road at 10.09pm.

The spokesman said when they arrived the stove fire had been put out by the neighbour, who had also taken one person outside.

No one was taken to hospital. 

View our Elgin Traffic & Travel Map