By a County Press reporter
Saturday, June 2, 2012
UPDATED SATURDAY 09:25*
THE ORGANISERS of a music festival have missed the deadline to pay more than £140,000 to the Isle of Wight Council required under the Isle of Wight Act.
At a hearing earlier this month the organisers of WOWfest were told they must pay costs up front for policing, fire service and the council, by Thursday.
WOWfest — whose organisers include two of the people behind the Isle of Wight Folk and Blues Festival and the Isle of Wight Jazz Festival — was due to be held at Millbank Farm, Shanklin, in August and has a licence for up to 18,000 people.
An Isle of Wight Council spokesman said they would be considering the implications of the non-payment.
Log-in or register to comment on this story.
By ticking "Remember me" you agree to a cookie being stored on your computer - no personal data is shared.
Log-in to Report
by Karl Hart
2nd June 2012, at 10:21:25
The Isle of Wight Council is wrong to think that people just want to come to the Island. If the over priced ferries (God forbid there will ever be a fixed link) shambling guest houses and 'Hotels" and a strictly non-compromise policy on any regeneration don't stop people from coming then the fact that soon any company or organisation will want to steer clear of a group of degenerative thinkers that make the decisions andIt will soon be a barren wasteland. Heartbreaking
by Jon saln
2nd June 2012, at 08:40:17
Which County Press reporter cannot spell 'yesterday'. 2nd paragraph!!!
by Philip Yates
1st June 2012, at 19:52:33
minor line up... ??? the likes of UB40. Maxi Priest... and many more. according to the Wowfest site its still on. ???
by Neil Hartland
1st June 2012, at 17:54:32
I also note a big advert in today's CP... publicising the event.
1st June 2012, at 13:38:46
I note that they were selling reduced price tickets but they had to be bought by May 30th. Wasn't that the day before the deadline? Interesting...
by michael brian chandler
1st June 2012, at 13:15:51
CONT..... WILL BE FUN (REFUND PROCESS
1st June 2012, at 13:15:00
SO MUCH FOR THE "IT WAS RUMOURS WE HAVNT PAID BEFORE FOR PAST EVENTS" SOUNDS LIKE THE REFUND PROCESS WHEN (OH WELL ON ON THEN.....IF) ITS CANCELLED
1st June 2012, at 12:37:17
Not a lot to consider I wouldn't of thought.
Any views or opinions presented in the comments above are solely those of the author and do not represent those of the Isle of Wight County Press.
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
IWCP v4.0 © Isle of Wight County Press 2011. All Rights Reserved. Web Design By Matrix Create.
Contact Us | Disclaimer
| Cookies | Links | Sitemap
Isle of Wight County Press Ltd. Registered office: Brannon House, 123 Pyle Street,
Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 1ST. Registered in England. Registered number: 1342243.