By Matthew Mckew
Thursday, September 12, 2013
BESTIVAL is being praised by police for its relatively low levels of crime.
There were 13 arrests for drug dealing and £17,000 worth of illegal drugs were seized from 106 searches.
Superintendent Paul Brooks, who headed the police operation at Bestival, said: "Levels of crime remained low thanks to the vast majority of people enjoying the event responsibly."
He also praised organisers for their work before and during the event.
"Bestival showed what a real difference simple precautions can make to solving crime."
• 13 arrests were made on suspicion of possessing drugs with intent to supply
• There were two reports of physical assaults
• Two men from Manchester have been charged for indecent assault on a woman in her 20s
• No stranger sexual assaults were reported
• 45 thefts from people and 144 thefts from tents have been reported
Thursday, December 5, 2013
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
IWCP v4.0 © Isle of Wight County Press 2011. All Rights Reserved. Web Design By Matrix Create.
Contact Us | Disclaimer
| Cookies | Links | Sitemap
Isle of Wight County Press Ltd. Registered office: Brannon House, 123 Pyle Street,
Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 1ST. Registered in England. Registered number: 1342243.