A POWER cut has hit properties in Isle of Wight areas this afternoon (Monday).
Scottish and Southern Electric said properties in Cowes, East Cowes, Kingston, the Folly and Woodvale were affected.
Shortly after 1pm a spokesman said 6,700 properties had been affected initially.
The power went off at 12.30pm and engineers are working to restore it, following reports an underground cable was struck, the spokesman added.
At around 2pm Scottish and Southern Electric said homes in Adgestone, Brighstone and Calbourne, were also without power.
*At around 4.15pm SSE said power had been restored to customers in the Cowes area.
The company said customers in Adgestone, Brighstone and Calbourne were due to have power restored by around 6pm.