Princess visits the Isle of Wight

By Jon Moreno

Monday, June 16, 2014

Princess visits the Isle of Wight

Lord Lieutenant Major General Martin White, Princess Beatrice and garden supervisor Charlotte Lock in the Princess Beatrice Garden at Carisbrooke Castle.Picture by Jennifer Burton.

PRINCESS Beatrice retraced the steps of her namesake great aunt on her first-ever trip to the Isle of Wight today (Monday).

The royal, a descendent of Queen Victoria’s daughter, Princess Beatrice, visited Carisbrooke Castle, the new Priory School and St Mildred’s Church, Whippingham, and Osborne House.

She was escorted by the Island’s Lord Lieutenant Maj Gen Martin White and new Isle of Wight High Sheriff Claire Locke on the tour.

For full coverage and more photographers see the Isle of Wight County Press on Friday, June 20.

Comments

by George Hollett

18th June 2014, at 12:35:49

I am informed that the Royal family bring more money into the country than what it costs to keep them. However, I assume that this comment would be referring to the more 'senior' Royals & not the 'junior' members of the family. If the statement that I was told is indeed correct, then I would like to know how much money Princess Beatrice generated from her visit to the Island?

Regarding her outfit, I'm sure it cost a lot of money but I must agree that it doesn't look right - indeed, from the angle of this photograph it looks quite wrong...

by Susannah Thornton

17th June 2014, at 19:15:19

A Mac? I thought it was a dressing gown/housecoat! Such a shame that a young lady wears clothes like that, but then again maybe she takes after her mother.

by Peter Daws

17th June 2014, at 10:00:36

I mean her no harm but does any one really care about this story or her visit, what purpose does such a trip serve other than cost us money. Pointless visit.

by ROBERT SMITH

17th June 2014, at 08:55:43

Can anyone tell me what this girl does?
She cannot have a job as she is seen at all the well oiled party's all over the world?

HO silly me, US hard working TAX payers. Love to chat but must go now to pay for her next trip to foreign parts.

by Baz Taylor

17th June 2014, at 08:50:29

Big deal!

by David Blackford

17th June 2014, at 08:41:55

About time she got a job

by Tony Tiltman Jnr

17th June 2014, at 07:42:25

More tumbleweed...... is that a Mac she is wearing ?