THE outcome of an investigation into the Cowes Enterprise College debacle will be made public, the Isle of Wight Council said this week.
As previously reported, construction of the new £32m school has been plagued by delays and setbacks and students will not move into the new building until September this year — a full year after it was originally due to open.
The council has been criticised for not appointing a dedicated project manager to oversee the work of contractor Pihl UK, and two council officers have been suspended while an investigation is carried out.
At a meeting of the cabinet, Cowes resident Matthew Martin called for a public inquiry — similar to that held into the Undercliff Drive scandal.
Deputy council leader and economy member Cllr George Brown said yesterday (Tuesday): "Substantial work is going on at present, looking into the elements of the contract that have caused concern. That investigation will take some time. When we have a reasonable picture, that will be made public in due time."
The school's Ofsted report is due to be published this month.