Strong winds expected

By a County Press reporter

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

UPDATED WEDNESDAY 11:54*

A WARNING for strong winds has been issued for the Isle of Wight by the Met Office.

*The 'be aware' warning has been updated and is now in place from 3pm to 10pm today (Wednesday). It was previously in force until midnight.

The Met Office said: "Gales will affect some southern coastal counties of England on Wednesday evening. Gusts will reach 50 to 60 mph quite widely, with 70 mph gusts likely in exposed coastal areas."

Comments

by David Blackford

19th December 2013, at 09:49:34

Wherever you be - let the wind go free

by Russell Palin

18th December 2013, at 20:51:11

Apart from the fact that it still looks a little stronger to my West on the internet that is.
I have no idea where or what peaaek is ..b/w...
Arr well the economy a bit recovers so it gets windy...

by Russell Palin

18th December 2013, at 20:46:07

I am enjoying my peaaek windiness about now ish.
Sorry Peak.

by James McAdder

18th December 2013, at 14:12:41

Yes, David.

It is my children and future grandchildren I am concerned about.

by James McAdder

18th December 2013, at 14:10:40

Where did I mention the IPC, Don?

Where did I hold them to be "the fount of all green knowledge"?

I have stated some measured, proven, facts. Average sea and air temperatures HAVE risen, and these rises corrolate with the measured increase in atmospheric CO2.

I also offered some possible ongoing consequences giving equal credence to both ends of the scale.

My opinion is that AGW is a POSSIBLE serious threat to our civilisation and I would rather waste money doing something about something that doesn't come to pass rather than risk lives banking on it not happening.

by David Blackford

18th December 2013, at 14:05:48

The most important thing about Global warming is that our personal opinions do not matter and scientific evidence is not 100% reliable. However, we must not just think whether whether our own lifetime might be affected - We must be concerned about the future wellbeing of our planet for future generatrions - including animal and plant species.

by Don Prescott

18th December 2013, at 13:53:16

Whats the matter, James?
Do you refuse to accept that the fount of all green knowledge, the IPCC, could be wrong? Again?

by Don Prescott

18th December 2013, at 13:50:08

And @ Jake,
I'm not going to start slating slate, but I think that it is fair to say that the IPCC are regarded by the "green lobby" to be the definitive source.
So, how come they got it so wrong in the short space of 5 years?

Simple enough question, but in his usual fashion, JMcA refuses to answer.

by James McAdder

18th December 2013, at 13:42:22

Don

Yes, there are "ocean curtains", or, at least something that operates in that way. These are the ocean currents, and they don't tend to mix due to their different densities.

by Don Prescott

18th December 2013, at 13:34:34

Jimmy,
Why not just answer the question and stop kicking it into the long grass with some IPCC cut and paste?

I'll pose the question one last time:
IF sea temperatures have risen as you state, how do you explain the 533,000 sq. mile increase in the polar ice cap, when the IPCC said it would be gone?
Do you think that there is some sort of "ocean curtain" whereby your "warm water" is stopped from entering the Arctic?
Just ANSWER the question, man!!!!!