By Ross Findon
Thursday, February 14, 2013
A POWERCUT hit thousands of homes on the Isle of Wight this morning (Thursday).
A Southern Electric spokeswoman said a fault on the high voltage network had left about 2,200 customers in the West Wight without power since 9.40am.
A Southern Electric spokesman said at about 2.30pm that power had been restored to the vast majority of homes by 11.30am.
He added that about 12 homes were still affected and generators were being brought in.
Saturday, August 27, 2016
Friday, August 26, 2016
Log-in or register to comment on this story. See our House Rules here.
By ticking "Remember me" you agree to a cookie being stored on your computer - no personal data is shared.
Any views or opinions presented in the comments above are solely those of the author and do not represent those of the Isle of Wight County Press.
IWCP v4.0 © Isle of Wight County Press 2016. All Rights Reserved. Web Design By Matrix Create.
Contact Us | Disclaimer
| Cookies | Links | Sitemap
Isle of Wight County Press Ltd. Registered office: Brannon House, 123 Pyle Street,
Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 1ST. Registered in England. Registered number: 1342243.