Tumble dryer fire

By Sara Bryce

Monday, August 18, 2014

 

UPDATED 23:21
ISLE of Wight Fire and Rescue were called to a tumble dryer fire in Cowes tonight (Monday).
Crews were called at 9.54pm to a house on Shamblers Road, after reports the appliance had caught fire in an outbuilding attached to the house.

A fire spokesman said two fire engines attended the house which was found to be smoke-logged.

No-one was hurt in the incident. 

*A spokesman said the fire was believed to have been caused by an extension lead and was extinguished by 10.41pm. 

More News

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Most Read

  1. Fixed link plans to be revealed

    Friday, November 21, 2014

  2. Lack of brains claim at Isle of Wight Council

    Friday, November 21, 2014

  3. Investigation into attack

    Friday, November 21, 2014

  4. Greens announce general election candidate

    Friday, November 21, 2014

  5. Hello? My wife’s giving birth... Could you talk us through?

    Saturday, November 22, 2014

View our Elgin Traffic & Travel Map
Travel News Sponsor