Water problems in East Cowes

By Matthew Mckew

Monday, January 27, 2014

 

UPDATED 11:21*

DOZENS of households on the Isle of Wight have been left without water this morning (Monday).

Southern Water said a water main on Castle Street, in East Cowes, had been damaged by a third party working the area at around 8.30am.

The company confirmed it received around 30 calls from people in the area, who said said they had lost their water supply.

A spokeswoman said: "We're working as fast as we can to fix the pipe and restore water supplies."

*Water supplies were restored at around 10:30am.

Reporter: matthewm@iwcpmail.co.uk

Facebook Icon Twitter Icon Delicious Icon

More News

Comments

Log-in or register to comment on this story. See our House Rules here.

By ticking "Remember me" you agree to a cookie being stored on your computer - no personal data is shared.

Forgotten your password?

Any views or opinions presented in the comments above are solely those of the author and do not represent those of the Isle of Wight County Press.

Most Read

  1. Indecent exposure arrest

    Monday, September 1, 2014

  2. Woman in court over drain cleaner attack

    Monday, September 1, 2014

  3. Tractor involved in crash

    Tuesday, September 2, 2014

  4. Bestival: Traffic plans announced

    Tuesday, September 2, 2014

  5. World record judges head to Bestival

    Monday, September 1, 2014

View our Elgin Traffic & Travel Map