By Martin Neville
Saturday, November 17, 2012
THE developer behind West Wight wind farm plans, rejected by the Isle of Wight Council earlier this year, has said it will appeal next year.
Isle of Wight Council planners rejected proposals from Dorset-based renewables company, Infinergy, for five 100m turbines on farmland near Wellow and Thorley due to the adverse visual impact on the landscape and surrounding Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
After the plans were rejected, Infinergy said it intended to appeal within weeks. This week the company told the County Press it now anticipated lodging an appeal next year.
•Meanwhile, a further re-advertised application for a proposed 74-metre wind turbine in Betty Haunt Lane, Newport, was published yesterday (Friday).
Tuesday, January 17, 2017
Log-in or register to comment on this story. See our House Rules here.
By ticking "Remember me" you agree to a cookie being stored on your computer - no personal data is shared.
Any views or opinions presented in the comments above are solely those of the author and do not represent those of the Isle of Wight County Press.
Monday, January 16, 2017
IWCP v4.0 © Isle of Wight County Press 2017. All Rights Reserved. Web Design By Matrix Create.
Contact Us | Disclaimer
| Cookies | Links | Sitemap
Isle of Wight County Press Ltd. Registered office: Brannon House, 123 Pyle Street,
Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 1ST. Registered in England. Registered number: 1342243.