Wightlink car ferry delayed

By a County Press reporter

Monday, March 10, 2014

THE Wightlink car ferry service between Lymington and Yarmouth, Isle of Wight, has been hit by delays this afternoon (Monday).

A Wightlink spokesman said at 4.10pm: "Due to moving our ships around earlier today the car ferry service is running approximately 45 minutes behind schedule. We are sorry for the inconvenience this will cause."

Reporter: emilyp@iwcpmail.co.uk

Comments

by Susannah Thornton

12th March 2014, at 14:19:00

Goodness this thread has turned into a two-person challenge of comments. Gents - let it go, its only a forum on a newspaper!!!!!

12th March 2014, at 11:51:01

Thank goodness for that. The penny has dropped!!

by Steve Smith

12th March 2014, at 11:39:08

Can you not answer a simple question? Or are you just saying Company A charges more than Company B? (but not for the same thing!)

12th March 2014, at 09:53:46

So the Wightlink fare is the same as the Red Funnel fare in your eyes is it?

If I borrow £45.00 from you and pay you back £32.50 you will be perfectly happy will you?

by Steve Smith

12th March 2014, at 09:47:54

And I'll ask again, What is your point? Why is it interesting?

12th March 2014, at 09:43:39

Steve, in the following posting, where is 'onward travel' mentioned?

Where is the price of fish mentioned?

Or the height of the seats?

My original comment ....

Chris interesting exercise.
Car and me Red Funnel to Southampton, day return with two passengers £32.50
Car and me Wightlink to Portsmouth, day return with two passengers £45.00

Thank you.

by Steve Smith

12th March 2014, at 09:06:08

Where did I mention onward travel? Youn mentioned nothing that is why I asked what your point was! Now what is that saying you always use?? Oh yeah, look at the bigger picture! Why would anybody use a car ferry if not for onward travel? If I wanted to go to Ikea, I would probably use Red Funnel but as I need to go to Chichester I'll use Wightlink, a couple of quid dearer but I get an extra hour in bed, arrive home an hour earlier and am not sitting around for an hour in Chichester doing nothing. A no brainer!

12th March 2014, at 08:37:21

Steve you are adding outside circumstances into operation. Where did I mention onward travel?

I was quoting £32.50 to get from A to B against £45.00. A to CDEor F were not mentioned were they?

Ferry Fares. The companies don't give too hoots were you are going or coming from. £32.50 against £45.00.

Shall we stick to the subject matter? Red Funnel V Wightlink?

by Steve Smith

12th March 2014, at 00:39:49

No, it is not. So please explain what was interesting and whether it would be better for me to choose Red Funnel @£17.50 per person or Wightlink @ £19 pp. I feel, as always, you never have an answer!

11th March 2014, at 22:37:31

That's not a hike of 50% is it?