By Ross Findon
Thursday, December 19, 2013
A WOMAN was taken by ambulance for hospital treatment after a carbon monoxide alarm alerted her to a faulty gas central heating boiler last night (Wednesday).
Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service was called to a detached house in St John’s Road, Wroxall, shortly after 7pm.
An ambulance took the woman to St Mary’s Hospital and a gas engineer was called to inspect the boiler.
The Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service said the incident showed the value of having a carbon monoxide alarm.
The woman was discharged this morning (Thursday).
Log-in or register to comment on this story. See our House Rules here.
By ticking "Remember me" you agree to a cookie being stored on your computer - no personal data is shared.
Log-in to Report
by Ashleigh Cole
20th December 2013, at 22:00:12
I had carbon monoxide poisoning at 18 weeks pregnant. Thankfully he was just small and they said premature. I have a monitor. Definitely worth the £15 I paid. You can get one you stick on the boiler that changes colour for mega cheap but make sure you check it regularly. Glad she is ok. We had oxygen therapy for 3 hours along with my then under 2 year old!
by neil king
20th December 2013, at 10:47:07
Fellow readers, being an ex plumber I request you take notice and buy a carbon monoxide alarm, a great invention that may save your life as it did here.... very lucky lady indeed...
Any views or opinions presented in the comments above are solely those of the author and do not represent those of the Isle of Wight County Press.
Monday, March 10, 2014
Sunday, March 9, 2014
IWCP v4.0 © Isle of Wight County Press 2011. All Rights Reserved. Web Design By Matrix Create.
Contact Us | Disclaimer
| Cookies | Links | Sitemap
Isle of Wight County Press Ltd. Registered office: Brannon House, 123 Pyle Street,
Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 1ST. Registered in England. Registered number: 1342243.