By Sara Bryce
Thursday, March 6, 2014
REPAIRS were still ongoing at an O2 phone mast in Ryde, damaged more than two weeks ago during stormy weather.
A spokesman for the mobile phone provider said engineers had arrived to install equipment at the mast, near George Street, today (Thursday).
They added the 3G service had already been restored and engineers were working with owners of the buildings, the local authority and suppliers of parts to restore the 2G service as quickly as possible.
The spokesman said service was due to be up and running from yesterday afternoon, subject to successful build and testing.
As reported in last week’s County Press, work had been due to be completed by last Saturday.
Customers had complained of little or no signal from February 14.
Friday, October 28, 2016
Thursday, October 27, 2016
Log-in or register to comment on this story. See our House Rules here.
By ticking "Remember me" you agree to a cookie being stored on your computer - no personal data is shared.
Any views or opinions presented in the comments above are solely those of the author and do not represent those of the Isle of Wight County Press.
IWCP v4.0 © Isle of Wight County Press 2016. All Rights Reserved. Web Design By Matrix Create.
Contact Us | Disclaimer
| Cookies | Links | Sitemap
Isle of Wight County Press Ltd. Registered office: Brannon House, 123 Pyle Street,
Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 1ST. Registered in England. Registered number: 1342243.