The family of Christ the King pupil Joe, who is battling an aggressive and inoperable form of cancer, hopes to raise £100,000 for a brand new treatment from America, after chemotherapy and radiotherapy failed to work.
For more on Joe's story, please see the Isle of Wight County Press, Friday, June 13.
• On Friday there will be a one-time opportunity to launch wet sponges or eggs at police officers, without fear of arrest. To take part — £1 for three wet sponges or £2 for an egg — visit Fairlee Garage, Fairlee Road, Newport, from 9am.
• Students from Christ the King will be washing cars between 9am and 5pm, on Saturday and Sunday at Honnor and Jeffery garden centre, Lake.
• A stall selling loom bands will be outside Exotic Pets on Fairlee Road on Saturday and Sunday, between 10am and 2pm.
• Mike Grist will be pulling a car, a 1937 Standard, around the Isle of Wight on Saturday, June 28. Volunteers to take a turn at pulling the car are being sought for the event, which will kick off from 5.30am at St Thomas's Square, Newport. For more information visit Joe's Fundraising Page on Facebook.
• Second hand book sale, raffle, and refreshments will be held at Salvation Army Hall, Pyle Street, Newport on Saturday, June 28.
• The Vine, St Helens, has planned a raffle for Joe during the annual village fayre on Sunday, June 29. A quiz night has also been proposed for Wednesday, June 25.
• A spider ride and clear round jumping competition will be held at Brading Old Brickworks on Saturday, July 5.
• Joe's brother Jack, and three friends, will be rowing 100,000 metres on a rowing machine at Marks and Spencer, Newport, on Sunday, July 6.
• Ex-demo Partylite pieces — candles and home accessories — are being raffled off by Emma Bryson. Tickets cost £2 a strip and winners will be drawn on Sunday, July 6, by Joe's aunt Vicky Hopkins. Contact Emma on 07876 571307 for tickets.
• A mini music festival is planned for Sunday, July 6, and any musicians, stall holders, sound engineers or anyone willing to help can find out more by visiting Joe's Facebook page.
• A raffle in aid of Joe will be held at the Newport Rowing Club regatta on Saturday and Sunday, July 12 and 13.
• A demonstration of mediumship with Debbie Morley and Darren Orlowski will be held at Ventnor Spiritualist Church, Victoria Street, from 7pm on Tuesday, July 15. Entrance costs £10 and all money will go to Joe's fund.
• Visit Ryde Superbowl for a charity bowling evening from 7pm on Friday, July 18. Tickets cost £13.95 per person and include two games, drinks and a buffet.
• Andy Burnham will be competing in Ironman UK on Sunday, July 20, in aid of Joe's fund.
• Can you ride, run or row 100,000 metres? Take part in the 100,000 Challenge at In-Shape Fitness Studio, Enterprise Way, Cowes, from 5pm until midnight on Saturday, July 26. Event organiser Darren Wray is appealing for a T-shirt company to donate shirts for the event. Contact him on email@example.com.
• Firefighters at Newport Fire Station, South Street, will be washing cars in exchange for a donation to Joe's trust from 10am until 4pm, on Saturday, July 26, August 30 and September 27.
Donations can be made to the Joe Ellis Trust Fund, account number 04427368, sort code 77-25-16, at any branch of Lloyds Bank.