Flooded road re-opened

By Matthew Mckew

Thursday, February 27, 2014

A FLOODED section of Isle of Wight road has re-opened.

Undercliff Drive was closed between Inglewood Park and Seven Sisters Road last week after it was submerged in around two feet of water.

A spokeswoman for Island Roads said the problem had been caused by a blocked outfall pipe on a private land.

"Island Roads has worked with the landowner to remove this blockage and the road has now been reopened to traffic," said the spokeswoman.

Reporter: matthewm@iwcpmail.co.uk

Comments

by Keven Ball

1st March 2014, at 11:48:16

I fully agree!

by Keven Ball

1st March 2014, at 11:07:08

Bless – when I refer to the “roads are flowing”, I meant they are back to normal, not flooded. I forget I have to stick to the basics!

by Keven Ball

28th February 2014, at 20:14:42

Sadly, there has been many floods across the UK and south coast this year. The government said money was not an issue in helping people who have been affected by floods - as they have put up the council taxes and were charging £30 for a sandbag! Sure!

by Keven Ball

28th February 2014, at 15:31:04

It not good it no right it no good why flood?

by Dennis Moor

28th February 2014, at 09:50:45

We enjoyed last week back at Manser B&B - fortunately not affected by the slips there- but were so sad to see the enormous problems at the Undercliff. We were also surprised to see the sudden flood but pleased to see now at least that has cleared. I wonder about access to the caravan park and other places along the Undercliff? Folks affected very much in our thoughts.

by Dennis Moor

28th February 2014, at 09:50:42

by Keven Ball

27th February 2014, at 21:18:07

Nice to know the roads are flowing once more...