Island on Nando's radar

By Jamie White

Published on Friday, March 23, 2012 - 08:08

 

FASTFOOD favourites Nando’s has told the County Press it could open a new branch on the Isle of Wight.

Just two months after it said there were no plans to open on the Island, a spokesman for the fastfood chain told the County Press it was considering opening in Newport, although a site had not been found.

"While Newport is on the radar, they are yet to find the right site for a restaurant and are still looking into more options," he said.

There have been further rumours that Burger King could be planning an Isle of Wight branch, however a spokesman for the company said there were no plans to open here.

Earlier this week it was confirmed that BetFred and Screwfix planned to open branches in Newport.

Reporter: jamiew@iwcpmail.co.uk

Comments

Log-in or register to comment on this story. See our House Rules here.

By ticking "Remember me" you agree to a cookie being stored on your computer - no personal data is shared.

Forgotten your password?

Any views or opinions presented in the comments above are solely those of the author and do not represent those of the Isle of Wight County Press.

View our Elgin Traffic & Travel Map
Travel News