Sausage roll fire

By Jon Moreno

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

 

FIREFIGHTERS had to force their way into a flat after the householder fell asleep while he was baking sausage rolls last night (Monday).

Three fire crews were called to Arundel Close, Ryde, after a neighbour smelt smoke and heard a fire alarm go off next door at around 11.30pm.

Officers forced their way into the flat and evacuated a man. He had taken medication and fell asleep while he was baking sausage rolls in his oven.

He was unharmed by the smoke.

"The man was warned against the dangers of leaving food to cook while asleep," said an Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service spokesman.

Reporter: jonm@iwcpmail.co.uk

Facebook Icon Twitter Icon Delicious Icon

More News

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Most Read

  1. Headteacher praised by Ofsted to leave

    Wednesday, November 26, 2014

  2. Man falls on to railway line

    Thursday, November 27, 2014

  3. Pair arrested after drugs raid

    Thursday, November 27, 2014

  4. Andrew Turner questions Tony Blair's Save the Children award

    Wednesday, November 26, 2014

  5. £5m settlement for family after Isle of Wight NHS failings

    Thursday, November 27, 2014

View our Elgin Traffic & Travel Map
Travel News Sponsor