TRAIN services on the Isle of Wight look set to be restored this weekend, after weeks of disruption due to storm damage.
Work to restore the network, which has been out of action since bad weather hit the Island last month, has been completed ahead of schedule.
Repairs were initially expected to take three weeks, but they have been completed in two.
Island Line said 770 tonnes of ballast shipped in to add support to sections of track.
Steps have also been taken to make the network more resilient, including waste pipes that will prevent wash outs at Smallbrook.
Empty trains will run on Saturday to ensure the track is ready for service on Sunday morning. Depot staff will also examine and undertake planned maintenance on the units that have been stranded in Shanklin since the storms.
A spokeswoman said repairs at the flood damaged depot at Ryde St Johns had been completed and further work was ongoing to repair the two trains that were damaged.
"Although repairs are expected to take a couple of months, they shouldn't have an impact on the Island Line service," she added.
Island Line area manager Andy Naylor said: "We are very grateful to our passengers for their patience during this difficult time.
"We are very happy that the repairs have both gone to plan and have been completed ahead of time. Our staff and contractors have had some difficult conditions to deal with, but repairs have gone well.
"We've also taken the opportunity to strengthen some areas to protect the track against future bad weather."